When I think back to my school days, some of the first things I remember are the books I read in class. I’m a bookworm, I love reading!
Through the years, I’ve read lots of books. Most of them had taught me lessons, some taught me new perspectives on life and some taught me how to get through the first day of school.
- A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky
Each of them I remember reading for the first time.
Each of them brings back a fond memory of back to school time and when teachers would get us to talk about what we did over the summer.
Each of them holds a special message.
Each of them is a great read and I hope you share them with your kids.