* This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used.
It’s almost time! The Lion Guard: Life in the Pride Lands will be available on Disney DVD on Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Rough, tough and roarin’ to go, your favorite heroes are back for more epic adventures in The Lion Guard, the animated series that continues the storytelling of Disney’s The Lion King.
Join Kion and his diverse group of friends as they celebrate unity within the Circle of Life and protect the Pride Lands in five action-packed episodes also featuring Simba, the spirit of Mufasa and the hilarious antics of Timon and Pumbaa. You’ll go wild for all the ferocious fun, because whether the Lion Guard team is tracking a rogue leopard, foiling tricky jackals or facing stubborn crocodiles, Life In The Pride Lands is always “hevi kabisa” – totally intense!
King of the Jungle Crown
To celebrate the release, I made a king of the jungle crown with my little brother. He’s a HUGE The Lion Guard fan which is pretty awesome because growing up, I loved The Lion King.
He wanted a blue crown with safari animals, so that’s what we went with. We added gold sequins, too.
Want to make a king of the jungle crown for your kiddo? Here are the materials you’ll need:
- a poster board
- sequins and/or jewels
- safari stickers
- tacky glue
To make the crown:
1. Cut the poster board to size so it wraps around your child’s head (make sure to leave a little bit of wiggle room). Then cut the poster board so it’s 4 inches high.
2. Cut triangles at the top of the crown. We placed dots at the top every two inches. Then measured an inch down and put dots every two inches in between the dots at the top. From there, we drew a diagonal line from the top dot to the bottom dot. Then cut along those lines.
3. Decorate the crown with sequins/jewels and stickers (make sure to leave about an inch clear on each end). Let dry completely.
4. Match the ends of the crown and staple them together.
5. Place the crown on your kiddo’s head and watch them light up!
My little brother loved his crown! He even wore it the entire time we watched the show.
I’m excited to share that one Simply Brittany reader will win a copy of The Lion Guard: Life in the Pride Lands which includes five episodes of Disney’s The Lion Guard plus five FREE exclusive silicone bracelets!
Entering is super easy, just comment below with your favorite The Lion Guard character.
Make sure the email you enter is correct so that I can contact you if you win!
Giveaway ends January 13th at 11:59 pm MST. Winner will be selected and emailed by January 14th. Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or another winner will be selected. Must be at least 18 years old and a US resident to enter.
Pin for Later
DISCLOSURE: I was provided with a gift card to purchase materials used. A copy of The Lion Guard: Life in the Pride Lands was sent to me for consideration. Thoughts are 100% my own. I might be an affiliate for products featured on my blog. If you make a purchase through these links, I will sometimes earn commission or store credits.